You are here
UV2016 Call for Papers
The 3rd International Conference on Universal Village (UV2016)
October 6-8th, 2016 Nagoya, Japan
[download call for papers UV2016.Call.forPaper.pdf ]
Universal Village exemplifies a desired future society that pursues human‐nature harmony through the wise use of technologies. The concept is an expanded & advanced version of Smart Cities, and signifies that we should follow the law of universe, protect environment/eco‐system, understand humans' need in depth, and innovate new lifestyles, thus providing sustainable happiness for humanity’s future. What makes the International Conference on Universal Village unique is that it expected to call for collective effort across multi‐disciplinary fields in order to develop a platform where researchers with different background would collaborate beyond the traditional boundaries of their research fields, and to find a systematic, coordinated, long‐term solution for the future of human and mother‐nature.The theme for UV2016 is “Expand our horizon: UV for regions at different developing phases, and for people atdifferent ages, with various technology & culture backgrounds .” Subjects for UV2016 include but are not limited to the following topics.
- Develop systematic methodologies to advance UV technologies and to develop UV systems, including, intelligent transportation, intelligent environment & communities, intelligent healthcare, intelligent food systems, etc.
- New life styles enabled by IT / New energy sources / New materials / Effective microorganism technology and environmental protection.
- Address suitable paths of design, development, implementation, engineering and integration appropriate for different regions.
- Explore how to benefit governments, companies, and universities on specific UVtopics as well as practical UV solutions.
New Life Styles Enabled by IT
Develop various IT systems to improve the quality of life and to improve sustainability
- UV transportation, UV healthcare & nursing, UV environment & communities, UV energy management, UV education, etc.
- Security, safety, mobility, privacy protection in big data application. UV response systems for emergency and accidents.
- New life styles to reduce waste & pollution.
New Energy Sources
Harmless to the ecology during each process including production, utilization, and disposal
Harmless material to environment, resolving the problem of garbage disposal
Effective Microorganism Technology & Environmental Protection
Impact of EM on future life style
Relevant technologies to monitor and to improve environment and to reduce pollution
System Integration & Implementation
System designs. Interaction and Integration of Subsystems
- Interaction & mutual impact between the whole system and its subsystems.
- Dynamic impact of subsystem implementation and system integration.
Hierarchical Layers & Components
- Intelligent sensor & communication network.
- Cloud and mobile computing.
- Event-driven data compression & storage.
- Multi-platform information retrieval & visualization, data sharing & data integration, data fusion & data mining (across TV net, mobile net, Internet).
Human & Social Factors
Social & Regional Factors. Future society.
- Impact of regional, cultural, and political factors on the system design.
- Impact on life style, economics, ecology, and future society.
- Inter-entity & international collaboration, such as, diverse collaboration among companies, governments, and universities.
- Future work.
Authors can submit SHORT PAPERS (within 4 pages) or REGULAR PAPERS (5-6 pages) in IEEE format. Online paper submission is also available.
Deadline for paper submission
June 30, 2016 (*)
Notification of paper acceptance
June 30, 2016
(*) New date.
Papers that have been accepted and presented will be included into IEEE Conference Proceedings sponsored by the IEEE (pending). Authors of accepted papers (or at least one of the authors) are expected to register in full and present their work at UV2016.
PROPOSAL FOR SPECIAL SESSIONS & QUESTIONS: