You are here
Program & Invited Speakers
Day 1: June 16, 2014 (Monday)
- Opening Ceremony (8:30am-9am )
- Invited Talks (Single session @Marriott) / Exhibition @MIT-Stata (9am-7:15pm)
- Committee lunch meeting
- Dinner Banquet(7:15pm)
- Concert by American Art & Science Educational Association, Planet MicroJam Institute Ensemble, Berklee College of Music (8:30pm - 9:30pm)
Day 2: June 17, 2014 (Tuesday)
- Invited Talks (Single session @Marriott) (8am-10am )
- Invited Talks (Parallel sessions @Marriott, MIT Stata Center) (10am-5pm) / Exhibition @MIT-Stata (9am-6pm)
- Panel Discussion (5:15pm-6:15pm)
- Closing Ceremony (6:15pm-7pm)
- Appreciation Dinner(8pm)
Invited Speakers (To be updated)
New Life Style: Intelligent Vehicle & Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Alberto Broggi, Università di Parma, Italy
- Berthold K.P. Horn, MIT, USA
- Ichiro Masaki, MIT, USA
- Umit Ozguner, Ohio state university
- Mohan Trivedi, University of California at San Diego
- Lionel C. Kimerling, MIT, USA
- Pao-Tai Lin, Xiaoman Duan, MIT, USA
- Tim Tianyi Cheng, Vancouver Clean Energy and Advanced Materials Technology (VCEAMT), Canada
- Lumin Wang, University of Michigan, USA
- Yasha Yi, University of Michigan-Dearborn, USA
- Michael Chen, MIT, USA
- Tony Wu, MIT, USA
New Life Style: Environmental Monitoring & Protection
- Jia Chen, Harvard University, USA, Boston Column Network: solar-tracking spectrometers for urban air quality
- Theodore D. Moustakas, Boston University, USA, Nitride Semiconductors and their applications to Solid State lighting and Water/Air purification
- Thomas O. Mensah, Fellow of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (FAIChE), AFAIAA, President Lightwave Systems USA, Green Electricity Generation Using Gasification of Solid Urban Waste in West Africa
- Felix Moesner, Swissnex boston, Consulate of Switzerland, Switzherland
- Fei Tao, MIT, USA, Learning from smart bugs to develop technology
- Shuguang Zhang, MIT, USA
Wireless Power Transfer (WPT) Electric Vehicle and Future Cities
Development of High Power Wireless Charging Technology based on SMFIR and its Application to Bus and Train
- Nam P. Suh, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea/Cross Professor Emeritus MIT, USA
- Young Jae Jang, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
Wireless Charging for Implanted Devices
- Sai Chun Tang, Harvard University, USA, A Wireless Intermediate-range Scheme for Energy and Signal Transmission (WISEST) for Medical Implantable Devices with Significantly Reduced Coil Voltage.
- Naohiko Kohtake, Keio University, Japan
- Hidekazu Nishimura, Keio University, Japan
New Life Style: Intelligent Healthcare & Assitive Technology
- Samuel K. Au, Intuitive Surgcal, USA, The da Vinci and Beyond: the Advancement of Surgical Robotics.
- Paolo Bonato, Harvard-MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology, Harvard Medical School, MGH, The Doctor will visit you at home: How wearable technology is changing healthcare.
- William Crone, Physio-Control, USA
- Dan Ding, Towards Developing a Smart Kitchen for Cognitive and Physical Assistance.
- John Hu, Hstar Technologies Corp, USA, Robotic Avatar for Future Healthcare in an Intelligent Urban District
- Hongwu Wang, User Participatory Design: A Design Framework for Assistive Robotic Devices
- William Li, MIT, USA
- Steve Schachter, Harvard Medical School/ MGH, CIMIT, Technology for monitoring patients with epilepsy in the home and beyond – new approaches.
- Pratik Shah, Broad Institute, USA, Impact of new biomedical technologies and sensors on human health and well-being:
- Charles G. Sodini, MIT, USA
- Seth Teller, MIT, USA
- Minsheng Yuan, Medical and Research Information Consult, USA, Components of Ideal Healthcare At a Glance.
New Life Style: Robotics for Universal Village
- Makoto Mizukawa, Shibaura Institute of Technology, Japan
- Toshimitsu Hamada, Tsukuba Gakuin University, Japan
New Life Style: Data Vitalization
- Zhang Xiong, Beihang University, P.R.China, Smart City and its Progress in China
New Life Style: Urban Development
- Juan Blanco Ruiz, Arqurbis, USA, Francisco Bozzano-Barnes, TEnure and Ecology LLC, Construction Typologies and Settlement Patterns Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow.
- Peter Olu Jack, Director General, Nigerian Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), Nigeria, ICT, Capacity Building and Community Development in Nigeria.
- Rushan Jiang, P.R.China
- Yifan Yu, Tongji University, P.R.China
- Yohji Suhara, Community Technology Institute, Japan
- Jinhua Zhao, MIT, USA
New Life Style: Universal Village & Art
- Elizabeth Reian Bennett, Tufts University, USA, A Musician on Music and Technology
- Chen Chen Gong, MIT, USA, A View of Brain and Cognitive Research in Piano
- Yazhi Guo, Berklee College of Music, USA, Horn the Future - A Dream of A Nation
- David Fiuczynski, Berklee College of Music, USA, New Planet MicroJamz® – Shape of Jamz to come?
- Greg Ondo, Steinberg, North America, Evolution of computers and music over the last 30 years
Concert Director & Art Advisor
- Chen Chen Gong, MIT, USA
- Fujitsu Laborary of America
- Future Robot Nursing, Hstar, USA
- Switzerland Consulate
- Nigerian Information Technolog Development Agency (NITDA)
- Build-it-yourself, Educating the Next Generation of Leaders and Builders
- MIT Sustainability, MIT, USA
- Guodian Research Institute
- Cambridge Travel
- Friendly Inn
Case Studies of Universal Village,
- An eco city development project with special consideration for harmonious coexistence of human, nature and microbiome, in Malaysia. Masaki Shintani, Hia Hui Ching, etc.， Japan
- Techno-imaginations and robot role models: discussing the influence of popular culture on the development of next generation robots in Japan, Cosima Wagner,etc.
- Post Earthquake Reconstruction Scheme forSmarter Approaches – Challenges of Miyako City using Hydrogen from Biomass. Yuriko Iida, etc., Japan
- The Dubuque Smarter Discard Portal: Tracking Changes in Residential Waste Diversion, Heather Achilles, etc.
- Global Warming – So What?, Gene Fry, USA
- Learning and holistic analysis for prediction of driver intent, U.C. San Diego, USA
- Understanding head and hand activities, U.C. San Diego, USA
- Drive analysis with lane semantics, U.C. San Diego, USA
- Looking in and Looking out for Urban Intelligent Assistance, U.C. San Diego, USA
- Nitride Semiconductors and their applications to Solid State lighting and Water/Air purification, Boston University, USA
- Zero Power Smart Systems for healthcare and environmental monitoring, Swissnex Boston, Consulate of Switzerland
Copyright © 2012-2014. The International Conference on Universal Village. All Rights Reserved.